Chief Compliance Officer***
US Medical Management
Chief Compliance Officer
*Open to relocate to Troy, MI*
U.S. Medical Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company. A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals working together. Our Mission – “Through Compassionate Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional Outcomes across our Continuum of Services” – Visiting Physicians Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice, Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA).
Our Values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on “We are Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services” “We can Find Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients” & “We make a Broader Positive Impact on Society”, allows USMM to be poised for a phenomenal future.
We are seeking candidates who desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront of everything we do.
Benefits We Have to Offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement (coming 2021)
The Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) will oversee the Corporate Compliance Department of USMM and act as advisor to the CEO and Board of Directors. The CCO serves as the primary point of contact and facilitator between all operational areas under the management of USMM to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements. USMM follows the recommended elements of the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) to ensure an effective compliance program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all employees comply with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that the corporation policies and procedures are followed, and that the behavior of the organization and its employees meets the standards of the USMM Code of Conduct.
- Function as an independent and objective body to review and evaluate compliance or issues of concern within the organization.
- Conduct investigations into concerns/allegations and provide appropriate interventions when warranted, develop, implement and/or oversee corrective action plans. Provide guidance on how to avoid similar situations in the future.
- Oversee and monitor the implementation, review and maintenance of the Compliance Program.
- Review and revise the Code of Conduct and other compliance policies contained as needed
- Develop, approve and monitor the educational and training materials and programs related to the Compliance Program.
- Coordinate internal monitoring and auditing to ensure compliance with billing and coding regulations, identified investigatory targets or other areas of concern including, but not limited to, any applicable concerns related to the Conditions of Participation and Payment.
- Ensure that Cumulative Sanction Report and other appropriate sources are utilized in screening employees and vendors.
- Direct the internal review, resolution, and corrective/disciplinary action reported or suspected concerns related to compliance.
- Manage USMM’s Fraud, Waste, and Abuse program.
- Oversee the compliance hotline process.
- Ensure that the disciplinary measures stipulated within the Compliance Program are enforced.
- Respond to all internal and external inquiries regarding compliance
- Chair the Compliance Committee
- Responsible for compliance onboarding and other activities for People Leaders regarding their role in promoting and surfacing compliance questions or concerns.
- Promote and maintain the positive brand for the Compliance Program across all areas of the organization.
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in legal studies, finance, business management, or related field.
- 5 years of compliance leadership in healthcare, health systems and/or Physician Medical Group
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills for all levels of audience
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- The ability to review and interpret compliance laws and regulations.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree and/or Juris Doctor
- Success leading in a matrix reporting structure.