Senior Linux Administrator
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
We are seeking a highly competent and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Linux Administrator. This position is responsible for maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts to support Hadoop clusters. Along with other technical staff, this position will be involved in the following activities:
- Linux administration: break-fix, patching, software maintenance, automation, vulnerability remediation, applying best practices
- Dell hardware maintenance
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Cluster monitoring and performance tuning
- User support and provisioning access
- Assist Hadoop administrators as needed with root level cluster administration
- Process improvement, including the creation of new automation to streamline manual tasks
- Technical guidance for junior administrators
- 7+ years of systems analysis experience, systems programming experience or combination of both
- 7+ years of experience with Linux OS environment
- 3+ years of Unix Shell scripting experience
- Experience in managing IT infrastructure for a medium-to-large organization
- Relationship management experience with organizational partners and customers
- 5+ years of experience with Agile, Kanban, or Lean methodology
- Practical knowledge of ITIL application processes and implementation
- Experience with Ansible automation tool
- Engineering and architecture experience with big data
- 2+ years of Java or Python experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and disaster recovery procedures/solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of technology support: open tickets or calls with vendors
- Knowledge and understanding of security issues and hardening best practices
- Knowledge and understanding of vulnerability scanning and reporting
- Agile experience
- JIRA experience
- Experience using the team collaboration software Confluence
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience utilizing Bash or Python to automate complex manual tasks
- Experience with software deployment methodologies like UDeploy, Jenkins
- Previous Wells Fargo experience
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Tempe: 1305 W 23rd St - Tempe, AZ
TX-Irving: 2975 Regent Blvd - Irving, TX
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Minneapolis: 425 E Hennepin Ave - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Saint Louis Park: 600 Highway 169 S - Saint Louis Park, MN
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
IL-Chicago: 10 S Wacker Drive - Chicago, IL
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
MA-Boston: 125 High Street - Boston, MA
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
TX-Plano: 4975 Preston Park Blvd - Plano, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.