Construction Assistant Project Manager - Chicago
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
My client is an Owner's Representative firm looking for an Assistant Project Manager to help grow their team. They specialize in high-end residential construction projects and located in the Chicagoland area.
My client is located in Chicago but has been a growing leader in the construction industry for 20+ years. They focus in providing high-end residential and commercial construction management knowledge to clients nation-wide.
- Company: Owner's Rep firm focusing on high-end luxury custom homes
- Project Ranges: $10M - $100M
- Nationwide Projects: Chicago, Miami, California, Colorado, Maine etc.
- Culture: Collaborative and team-oriented environment
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for the management of
- Work hand in hand with a Project Manager to take projects from start to finish
- Manage small owner consultants and prioritize project tasks to meet deadlines
- Maintain knowledge of tasks, sequences, milestones and critical path events
- Forecast delays in timing, materials or resources
- Review invoices, pay applications and change orders to assure pricing accurate, fair and comprehensive
- Coordinate all site photography and as-built record keeping
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field
- 5-7+ years of experience in the Construction industry
- Experience in high-end residential or commercial or single family
- Works well in a team environment but is someone who can be self-sufficient when needed
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems and structures
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients
- Salary range is from $70K - $82K (based heavily on experience)
- Up to 7.5% compensation on an annual basis (based on performance)
- 401K match up to 3% of salary after a year
- Profit sharing contribution
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage