QA Automation Engineer/ SDET
QA Automation Engineer/ SDET
BCForward is currently seeking highly motivated QA Automation Engineer/ SDET for our client based in Chicago, IL.
- Position: QA Automation Engineer/ SDET
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Anticipated start date: ASAP
- Duration: 12 Months contract Hire
- Performing in-sprint functional acceptance automation using the relevant tools and frameworks by collaborating with the development and product teams.
- Development and implementation of stress and parallel tests for non-functional requirements.
- Design and Development of custom testing framework for better control of execution and overall management (selection, logging, reporting ...etc.)
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
Technical Skills Required
- 5+ years of experience with functional testing automation with tools & technologies such as Selenium, Cucumber, Cypress, TestNG, TypeScript and Java
- 1+ years of experience in parallel and performance testing using tools such as Selenium Grid or Browser Stack, LoadRunner or JMeter and AppDynamics
- 3+ years of experience API testing automation using Rest Assured or Karate DSL or Soup UI and Postman
- 3+ years of experience agile Scrum and CI/CD
Top candidates will also have:
Proven experience in some of the following,
- Develops and maintains UI & API Test automation frameworks
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Hands on experience in TypeScript, JS, Java is preferred
- Test driven development and behavior driven development
- Strong understanding and/or experience in some of the following,
- Strong analytical skills to identify test plan automation possibilities, maintain and optimize the existing stacks
- Develops and maintains performance testing using tools such as Selenium Grid or Browser Stack, LoadRunner or JMeter and AppDynamics
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles and performance analysis
BCForward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCForward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCForward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCForward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCForward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 123686 when responding to this ad.