Director of Sales, Chewy.com (Pet Segment)
Central Garden & Pet
Are you looking to make a material impact on the future of the Company’s eCommerce success, in a highly visible sales leadership role, supporting the Chewy.com account? We have an immediate career opportunity on our eCommerce sales team within our Pet Segment. The successful candidate will have the chance to lead and influence top line growth with the Segment’s fastest growing customer in the fastest growing channel! Our Director of Sales supporting Chewy.com will collaborate cross-functionally with our brand and digital marketing teams to drive top line growth and win with our winning customer!
This can be a remote, home-office-based field sales position, and we are willing to consider high-caliber candidates from various geographies including Chicago, IL, Walnut Creek, CA, Milwaukee, WI, Tampa, FL and New Jersey.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Key contributor to eCommerce strategy implementation through collaboration with various functional teams across the organization. Key stakeholders include sales, marketing, information technology, finance, supply chain, executive team, and third-party suppliers
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to small team of professional-level direct reports
- Ability to develop relationships and influence key leaders at Chewy.com (and internally at Central) to further the strategic goals of Central
- Delivery of successful merchandising marketing programs
- Create brand business plans and achieve sales account goals. Create and maintain up-to-date written business plans
- Strategically manage terms negotiations with the retail partner
- Support communication and execution of brand go-to-market strategies and tactics; strong experience in digital marketing techniques
- Regularly evaluate catalog to ensure that all products are listed, and that content is current
- Analyze weekly sales numbers, POS numbers, risks; develop actionable plans for the account to increase sales
- Conduct post event analysis of promotions and determine ROI
- Work with marketing on all promotional plans and routinely update the business on progress/success
- Follow-up with category managers to ensure product is moving and develop plans to stimulate growth when needed
- Provide product training to key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Identify trends and technologies that could be integrated into the Digital Marketing Strategy, especially in the retail sector
- Partner with the Digital Marketing team to drive content, keyword plans and execution
- Manage and contribute to various department-wide projects that focus on driving service and sales performance and streamlining processes
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- 3-5 years of sales experience in the eCommerce channel, prior experience supporting Chewy.com strongly preferred
- Prior Pet industry experience required
- Proven ability in working cross-functionally to achieve results (supply chain/business units)
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence decision makers
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills; possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently with some direction; superior organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and integrity; works extremely well in teams
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner
- Field travel conditions: frequent car and airline travel; hotel sleep accommodations.
- Home office conditions when not actively traveling for customer or industry events.
- Hours of work will generally be during regular customer business hours with travel before and after business hours when possible. There will be variation in work hours due to employee and customer schedules, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.