Sr. Business Process Lead – SAP Finance
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will:
- Ensure IT applications are available and operating on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure standardization of business processes based on industry leading best practices
- Deliver application / system functionalities that are configured to support process simplification and provide better data insights
- Work with Managers, Business Leads to identify and prioritize issues, improvements, and projects
- Provide project management that is effective at managing multiple tasks, multiple resources (employees and vendors), while meeting project timelines, project goals, and staying within the project budget
- Ensure team members and vendors employ approved maintenance and support processes
- Provide leadership in collaboration with members of other functional teams
- Work closely with other team members, locally and globally, with proactive sharing of expertise, to improve and ensure team success
- Participate fully in the success of the overall global IT team
- Document processes and procedures related to application support and maintenance
- Work with software vendors to develop solutions in response to systems malfunctions, software bugs, program changes and modifications
- Direct resources in the testing of information systems solutions
- Manage user acceptance testing of applications prior to promoting changes into the production environment, while providing documentation of the testing and appropriate signoff
- Ensure that proper segregation of duties is enforced between development, test, and production environments
- Transfer knowledge and skills to IT staff and clients
- Understand IT goals and objectives with regard to core applications.
- Track current application portfolio, plan and implement maintenance and patches and upgrades, and develop roadmaps for new versions or different software solutions
- Adhere to Change Management standards
- Support in Month end and Year end activities.
- Travel, domestic and international, up to 10%
As the Sr. Business Process Lead – SAP Finance for IT team at Morton Salt, this person will be responsible for the design, development, integration and delivery of Finance solutions that are deployed in the global production environment for the K+S Group companies. In addition, the jobholder will provide day-to-day configuration and process support for Finance solutions. This role will work closely with business partners ranging from Directors to individual department employees to help structure business requirements and design IT solutions. This requires understanding of numerous end to end business processes including but not limited to Finance, FSCM, Tax, etc. and how they are implemented in IT applications. This position requires an individual who is innovative and can mobilize distributed teams within a multi-national company for the purpose of executing technology solutions and business processes in alignment with the business vision. The Manager will work with peers and external partners to improve existing systems and provide new solutions to support the business strategy, as well as envision and prepare for the future. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of innovation, effective execution, business process improvement, solution ownership, and productive partnership. The business will consider the job holder to be their business and systems expert, and their key technology partner in the execution of projects and system sustainment in the direction of increased efficiency.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related, preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong problem solving, trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple conflicting priorities in a professional manner, good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts and ideas to IT development teams
- Working in distributed team environments, self-motivated, and self-directed
- At least 8 years of experience in SAP Finance & FSCM modules & 2-3 full life cycle implementations desired
- Experience in SAP Vendor Invoice Management and Vertex.
- In-depth knowledge and hands on expertise in configuring SAP FICO modules General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash & Credit Management, Fixed Assets & Bank Accounting, FSCM (Collections and Deductions)
- Experience in leading small and large projects with many team members from IT, business, and external consultants
- Experience with end-user support for SAP FI and related applications, providing a high level of customer satisfaction
- Basic understanding of SAP CO modules: Cost Center Accounting, Profitability Analysis, Profit Center Accounting, Internal Orders.
- Solid understanding of the integration with other modules is essential
- Demonstrated experience with large Enterprise ERP implementations in the areas of technical design specification, development, and knowledge transfer.
- Experience in SAP Consolidations (SEM-BCS)
- Experience working on the business side in Accounting or Controlling.
- Basic understanding of SAP BW system and query design
- Good understanding of many business processes including, but not limited to finance & controlling