BCForward is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Buyer/Purchasing 3 position in Mossville, IL 61552 (Remote to Start).
Job Title: Buyer/Purchasing 3
Work Location: Mossville, IL 61552 (Remote to Start)
Contract Length: 12 Months Contract
Shift Timings: M-F 8 Am to 5 Pm
Est. Start Date: ASAP
- The main function of a buyer is to purchase machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies or services necessary for the operation of an establishment.
- A typical buyer is responsible for buying goods and services for use by their company or organization.
- A purchasing agent is responsible for the purchase of machinery, equipment, parts, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment.
- Review and potentially optimize suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability and other relevant factors.
- Approve purchases of the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
- Approve purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Instruct staff on how to resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
- Instruct staff on methods of negotiation, renegotiation and administration of contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Manage just-in-time inventory.
- Attend trade shows.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze financial reports, price proposals and other technical data.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Ability to evaluate suppliers.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing.
- Knowledge of supply chain management.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Technical Skills Required:
Costing, experience in excel (charting, pivot tables), preparing presentations for higher level management reviews.
Soft Skills Required
Negotiation skills, people interaction skills, team player.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or a related business field required.
- 5-7 years finance or purchasing or supply chain related experience required.
Whom to Contact: Vikranth Parimal
How to Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
BCForward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCForward has grown with our customers' needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCForward also operates numerous delivery centres across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCForward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCForward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCForward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 125605 when responding to this ad.