Maintenance Worker II
Ada S. McKinley Community Services, Inc.
Basic Function: Under the direct supervision of the Director, provides maintenance and cleaning duties at site location.
Reports To: Director
Supervises (Position Title): None
- Assists in keeping Center in clean orderly condition by performing one or more of a variety of non-complex maintenance and janitorial or housekeeping tasks, including outside grounds. Work may require use of power cleaners, snow blowers, lawnmowers, waxers, etc.
- Through use of trained skills not requiring a license, repairs a variety of equipment, which may include, but is not limited to plumbing, heating appliances, automotive, locksmith. etc.
- Inspects and services equipment on preventative maintenance program. Recommends purchase of equipment, or major repair services of outside tradesman as required.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand-tools; follows all safety procedures when operating equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory for maintenance, janitorial, and general program supplies.
- Operates and maintains heating and cooling systems.
- Maintains supply inventory; purchasing maintenance, janitorial, and general office supplies; refilling/restocking supplies in restrooms and office areas;
- Provide/assist with transportation responsibilities including scheduling routine maintenance for vehicles, cleaning/washing vehicles, gassing up vehicles, etc.
- Perform landscape cleaning activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas within sixteen feet of buildings using hand-operated tools or small power equipment.
- Cleans, sweeps, and mops floors as required by cleaning schedule.
- Washes mirrors, stalls, walls, sinks, and baseboards, as needed.
- Vacuums, shampoos and scrubs floors/carpets; conducts periodic buffing, stripping and waxing of floors.
- Cleans water fountains, telephone booths, astray, and janitorial closets.
- Check all lightbulbs and batteries for smoke detectors throughout the building.
- Follows manufacturer's recommendation for use of all cleaning solutions.
- Maintains equipment, supplies, activity room, supply room, and garage in an orderly fashion.
- Conducts fire drills.
- Assist with the setup and break down of meetings and training sessions within facility.
- Attend various staff and safety meetings.
- Assist houseparent's with special task in the apartments, i.e., moving furniture, electronics and appliances, hanging pictures.
- Has a responsibility for completing light paperwork, basic maintenance reports and product comparison research.
- May be assigned security responsibilities: locking doors, responding to alarm systems, attending to emergencies, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* Non-essential duties
Mental/Physical Demands: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Work requires prolonged concentration using a computer in analyzing and manipulating data. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Environmental Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Position requires specific education or skills in area of responsibility equivalent to high school, trade school, and at least two years' experience in related field.
- Have essential physical and mental capabilities in the following: interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, follow directions, comprehension, calculating, reading, writing, speaking, evaluating, organizing, basic computers skills and innovation.
- Will be required to complete training classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aid/CPR.
This description documents the general contents and requirements of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhausted statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The principal duties and responsibilities shown are all essential job functions except for those indicated with an asterisk (*).