Commercial Installation Technician
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
What’s in it for you?
- DISH provides our technicians with paid training, uniforms, cutting edge tools, a fuel card, and a vehicle;
- Highly independent work with unparalleled promotional opportunities;
- Comprehensive benefits package including complimentary DISH Network service, paid time off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, employee stock purchase program, and tuition reimbursement.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Conduct technical site surveys to determine cable runs and the best placement of our equipment;
- Install cutting edge technology to include, but not limited to satellite dishes, headend equipment, receivers, modems and routers;
- Perform regular maintenance/inspections on equipment and document the results;
- Troubleshoot, repair and/or replace defective satellite and broadband equipment.
Ideal technicians have:
- High energy, resourcefulness, and ability to multitask;
- An eye for opportunities to sell to every customer;
- Strong customer advocacy skills: friendly, communicative, connected, with a high degree of integrity;
- Sales, electrical, maintenance/repair, cable, military, and/or customer service experience preferred.
All technicians must have:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on ladders, lift over 70 lbs. at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates and remain within the individual weight requirement of 335 lbs;
- Valid driver's license in the state you are seeking employment in, with a driving record that meets DISH's minimum safety standard;
- Ability to adapt, both in mentality and work hours. Five/six-day workweeks may be required during peak seasonal times.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, a drug test, and motor vehicle record.