Engineer, Quality 1
Teledyne Storm Microwave has been providing high quality interconnect products and cable assemblies to domestic and international defense and telecom markets since 1978.
Located near Chicago, Illinois, Teledyne Storm Microwave was one of the first companies to offer high performance flexible and semi-rigid RF/Microwave cable assemblies with low density, tape-wrapped dielectric.
Today, Teledyne Storm Microwave is well known not only for quality products but also for quality customer relations based on an ongoing commitment to honesty and integrity. Building on our decades of microwave transmission line design experience, we continue to solve engineers' interconnect problems by combining leading technology with the Storm legacy of responsive, flexible, committed customer service.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Summary: Responsible for the analysis of product, process, equipment and method issues at designated stages of product development and manufacturing. Lead and support action to prevent and reduce all costs associated with poor quality. Work to maximize product conformance to specified requirements while ensuring best possible manufacturability. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (other duties may be assigned):
• Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
• Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or component.
• Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
• Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
• Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
• Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
• Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
• Documents data obtained during all quality activities consistent with company policies and procedures.
• Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
• Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
• Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality activities.
• Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
• Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality activities
• Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
• Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in a technical area such as: manufacturing, mechanical, industrial or other related area, or 0-2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in a QMS certified environment with systems such as ISO 9001, AS9100 or QS 9000 preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent problem solving skills required
- Good computer skills required, experience with MRP or ERP systems preferred.
- Experience or advanced knowledge of Access desired.
- Must be able to utilize measurement instruments such calipers, indicators, micrometers, etc
- Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented and proactive in management of projects and tasks.
- U.S. Person required for this position, includes but is not limited to, U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents. A 'U.S. person' can be
- A U.S. citizen;
- A permanent resident who does not work for a foreign company, a foreign government, or a foreign governmental agency/organization;
- A political asylee;
- A part of the U.S. government, or
- A corporation, business, organization, or group that is incorporated in the United States under U.S. law.
A foreign person is any person who is not a lawful permanent resident of the US and includes foreign governments and organizations.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call (855)479-1480. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.