We are seeking a Warehouse Manager to join our Rexel USA team in Naperville, IL!
- Lead the warehouse operation in order to meet all Safety, Inventory, and Productivity KPI’s.
- Manage inventory to provide more efficient warehouse flow and ensure accurate receiving and order filling processes. Supervise and coordinate the annual cycle count process and physical inventory counting and recording.
- Manage warehouse personnel and their activity, including recruiting, hiring, terminating, reviewing performance, and coaching employees.
- Ensure compliance with DOT and safety legislation and related company policy by ensuring proper training, maintaining warehouse vehicles and equipment, verifying employee driver’s licenses and permits are current and maintained.
- Implement business strategies set forth by senior management and participate in improving the business by administering and evaluating short- and long-term objectives for the warehouse as well as offering potential alternatives to existing methods.
- Assist CSC & Logistics Area Manager with development of the warehouse budget and routinely analyze and control expenditures to meet budget requirements.
- Serve as Primary contact between warehouse operation and other managers. Communicate with customers and company personnel to resolve customer problems and expedite customer deliveries when necessary.
- Evaluate shipping and delivery via common carriers; perform cost analyses and negotiate pricing for shipping services and common carriers.
- Evaluate and negotiate to price for warehouse equipment, maintenance contracts, packing supplies, and other warehousing expenses.
- Participate in training classes to enhance and maintain necessary business knowledge.
- Supervises a staff of 5 to 30 people and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- A thorough knowledge of warehousing principles, practices, and procedures is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive warehouse management experience with at least 5 years of supervisory or team leadership experience is required.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills are required.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities.
- Organization and time management skills, detail-oriented, prioritizing in a multi-tasking environment, and ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
Skills, Knowledge, and Education
- Knowledge in Lean and Process Flow Layout in Warehouses.
- In-depth knowledge of the business ERP
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially MS Excel.
- 5-10 years of leadership experience.