Associate VP Pharmacy eCommerce
Company is a Fortune 60 market leader in integrated healthcare whose dream is to help people achieve lifelong well-being. As a company focused on the health and well-being of the people we serve, Company starts from within, and is committed to providing progressive benefits that advance team members’ careers and job satisfaction. Through offerings anchored in a whole-person view of human well-being, Company embraces a focus on stimulating positive individual and population changes while nurturing a sense of security, enabling people to live life fully and be their most productive.
Against that backdrop, we are seeking an accomplished and inspirational leader for the newly-created role of Associate Vice President, Pharmacy eCommerce, a role that works at the intersection of health care and technology. Operating on an enterprise scale, the AVP will function as the senior digital advisor to the executive team leading the Company Pharmacy business, while also working to connect the Company Pharmacy digital business with other key lines-of-business within Company.
The Associate Vice President, Pharmacy eCommerce, leads a team that drives the strategy, product development, and operation of Company’s online pharmacy. As the accountable executive for the Company Pharmacy eCommerce program across websites and mobile applications, this leader will have significant impact at Company. Working within broad goals, this executive will be responsible for applying digital expertise, business/GM acumen, and technical knowledge to solve complex problems for the business.
In addition, in driving the creation of digital products and experiences, this leader is the Company executive that is accountable for numerous key P&L-impacting measures. Examples include: online order volume, conversion rates, product mix, customer satisfaction with the online experience, etc., all supporting the broad goal of driving the growth of the Company Pharmacy eCommerce business.
The AVP will report directly to the Vice President of Company’s digital product experience organization, and will directly manage a team of roughly 20 Company associates, while also leading matrix relationships across numerous functional areas internally.
- Drive major enterprise-scale decisions impacting Company’s Pharmacy P&L, such as vision-setting, initiative prioritization, and leadership to translate strategy into action.
- Function as a senior advisor and executive partner to various business segment executives within Company, with the ability to be a strategic thought-partner and to synthesize and communicate complex ideas.
- Establish and track key metrics such as: order volume, conversion rates, products shipped, product mix, total sales, etc., all supporting the broad goal of driving the growth of the Company Pharmacy business, in terms of both revenue and member usage.
- Play a key role in the reimagining of Company Pharmacy, including migration onto a new technology platform and the expansion and enhancement of existing capabilities and service offerings.
- Embrace and contribute to Company’s Agile methodology of working, including emphasizing the importance of collaborating with other areas across the business towards ensuring alignment to enterprise efforts.
- Provide leadership to a team of eCommerce/digital professionals, driving associate engagement initiatives, developing and managing talent, and leading change efforts.
In general terms, the ideal candidate will have extensive (typically 10+ years) eCommerce leadership experience, including deep experience within, and leading, an online sales and/or self-service channel, with a focus on digital experience, transactional metrics, and continuous improvement. In addition, this person will have a strong data/analytics orientation and a proven track record of creating and executing highly impactful digital strategies on an enterprise scale. This person will also have demonstrable success in driving organizational change and in building and leading high performing teams.
In addition to the above, the following professional qualifications and personal attributes are sought:
- Current or recent leadership experience in a top-tier eCommerce company.
- Track record of identifying, cultivating, and motivating talent. Proven ability to attract top talent from inside and outside of an organization to build high-performing teams.
- Has deep experience leading an online sales and/or self-service channel, with a focus on utilizing transactional metrics and continuous improvement to drive advancement in the digital experience.
- A thought leader who drives a future-focused agenda to build strategies from present to future state, and who anticipates changes and disruption in order to see opportunities for the future.
- Track record of delivering demonstrated value through strategic initiatives to support the enterprise, with demonstrated expertise in executing and integrating such initiatives.
- Experience developing scorecards, setting forecasts and goals, and assessing digital channel results on an ongoing basis.
- Deep expertise in using analytics to inform strategic decisions and to improve operational performance.
- Current or recent experience in a large, highly matrixed company (i.e., Fortune 250), with proven ability to influence leaders and key stakeholders in such an environment
- Highly collaborative mindset and excellent relationship-building skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the polish, poise, and executive presence that will ensure effective interaction with senior and executive level audiences
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred.