IS Business Architect - Finance-focused
Medline Industries, Inc.
Medline continues to grow! Once again named as a Chicago Tribune Top Employer, our tremendous growth and success has enabled us to add this enterprise architect role with a businss focus to support our Finance organization.
Our Business Architects work closely with business and IT leaders to connect technology initiatives with business strategies. The Enterprise Architecture team is chartered to explore what is technologically possible to enable strategic and tactical business priorities and engage the organization to succeed in delivering solutions to the business. Business architects collaborate on and influence change to business models, business process, organizations, and investments by contributing a technology perspective and analytical approach to decision activities.
The business architect will help the finance and information services departments plan and make improvements to Medline%26rsquo;s systems and processes. The change initiatives will range from departmental efforts focused on improving finance efficiency to broader initiatives that require changes to process and technology across multiple departments.
This position will be based in our Northfield, IL headquarters.
- Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business objectives and clarify approach for individual initiatives. Consult with technical subject matter experts, and develop alternative technical solutions. Analyze options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Estimate IT projects and analyze the short and long-term impacts of various tactical options.
- Keep roadmaps for an area updated and stakeholders abreast of updates that are important to them.
- Connect individual initiatives and deliverables to the established Information & Technology strategy for an area of the business.
- Produce expert analysis, research, and designs for assigned line-of-business leaders in defining or designing business capabilities, processes, functions and organizational structures.
- Seek ways to apply new technology to, and reuse existing technology for, business processes.
- Stay abreast of current technology trends both in the industry as a whole and with the applications deployed in the landscape.
- Research and design implementation strategies for new and/or alternate technologies that will further business goals and provide competitive advantages.
- Emerging leadership skills, including the ability to effectively influence peers and communicate effectively with leaders in the organization.
- Curiosity and creativity demonstrated by introducing and promoting new ways to apply technology to team business problems.
- Ability to recognize and articulate the essential impediments or opportunities to progress in a situation.
- Skilled in working with others in a collaborative fashion
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the organization.
- Strong business acumen and familiarity with finance department business processes, concepts, and trends.
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree or equivalent experience focused on information technology, systems, engineering, or related discipline.
- 2+ years supervisory level leadership role with experience leading projects.
- 2+ years Business Analyst role preferably with experience in large business process or organizational change initiatives.
- 2+ years experience working with systems that support financial business processes.
Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States, providing more than 550,000 products that serve the entire continuum of care. Our innovative products and programs can be found in most hospitals, extended-care facilities, surgery centers, physician offices, home care dealers, home health agencies and retail outlets.
Founded in 1910, Medline has grown from a small manufacturer of aprons, surgical gowns and uniforms to a thriving %2413 billion global enterprise because of our dedicated people, entrepreneurial spirit and honest values.
Again named one of the country%26rsquo;s %26quot;Best and Brightest Companies to Work For,%26rdquo; and once again named to Chicago Tribune%26rsquo;s Top Workplaces, Medline has experienced fifty-plus years of consecutive annual growth, and is headquartered in Northfield, IL.