Field Service Technician
Find out why eXcell is the employer of choice for contractors! Join eXcell and enjoy our generous employee benefits!
* * * Contract to Hire Opportunity * * * Field Technician needed to service our clients in the SE Chicago and NW Indiana! * * *
The candidate should be should be centrally located around the Calumet City area (60409).
Must have solid desktop, laptop, and printer experience including HP, Dell, Lenovo, and Lexmark equipment. This position involves hands-on work diagnosing and fixing problems focusing on the mechanical repair of equipment.
Shift M-F, 8-5 with on-call and weekend rotations.
- This is a driving position which requires a DMV background check to be completed
- Use of reliable, personal vehicle required – miles reimbursed according to CompuCom policy
- Technician will travel to each client’s location to provide service
- Must maintain good customer focus meeting deadlines and service level agreements (SLAs)
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs desktops, laptops, servers, and printers
- Lexmark Printers, server experience, and POS Terminal experience is a plus
- Works under general supervision
- Experience supporting desktops, laptops, and printers
- Customer service skills required
- Ability to work weekends, staggered or late shifts possibly including evenings and/or weekends
- Interpersonal skills needed to interact with a wide range of users and environments
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license required (driving position – reimbursed accordingly)
- Ability to work from a bent, crouched, or kneeled position
- Ability to work on a ladder or lift
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Hardware / networking skills
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell™ Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell™, a division of CompuCom® Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.