Quality Assurance Raw Material Receiving Technician
Mullins Food Group
The Quality Assurance Raw Material Receiving Technician is responsible for developing expertise of raw materials and suppliers and executing quality receiving procedures to ensure compliance with internal and government standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and sample incoming raw materials by following SOPs
- Review incoming COAs to ensure test results are in specification
- Verify incoming vendor information against internal and NWF systems
- Develop subject matter expertise of raw materials and suppliers
- Work with Receiving to improve efficiency of QA review and approval process
- Organize and put away raw material samples
- File COAs electronically in a shared database
- Incorporate packaging material review into the program
- Make proactive recommendations to improve quality and work efficiency
- Review and become familiar with the NWF Supplier Expectations Manual
- Document supplier deviations in the supplier deviation report (SDR) database
- Assist the Warehouse group with the thawing and put back programs
- Work closely with Purchasing to communicate with vendors as necessary
- Participate in SLED team meetings to evaluate shelf life extension requests
- Participate in mock recalls and traceability exercises
- Update and implement forms and policies as needed
- Ensure compliance with NWF quality policies
- Work as a QC lab technician as necessary
- Four-year college degree preferred or equivalent education, training, and/or experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in QA role within the food production industry
- PCQI training or HACCP certification preferred
- Ability to pass Comprehension and Math Tests
- Must have Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, SAP, and AS400
- Good understanding of GMPs, analytical and microbiological testing
- This position will work on 1st shift Monday - Friday
- Tentative hours are 7am - 4:30pm Monday - Thursday and 7am - 11am Friday
The QA Raw Material Receiving Technician is supported and backed up by the QA Lab Technicians, QA Supervisor, QA Manager, or QA Director. Suitable training is required of this individual. The QA Raw Material Receiving Technician reports to the QA Manager and/or Quality Supervisors as appropriate.
Safety & GMP Objectives
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures as well as complying with all OSHA rules and regulations (THINK "SAFETY FIRST").
- Ability to recognize unsafe acts and conditions in the facility and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to fully complete appropriate paperwork related to specific job functions in addition to quality and safety/training.
- Ability to recognize and report all incidents; even those that do not warrant treatment.
- Review and execute our Food Safety Plan and MFP Mission Statement in order to provide value to each of our customers with safe, relevant, tasty food products; while never comprising quality.
- Adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP's) including proper waste disposal, attire, grooming and hygiene, etc.
An employee holding this job position is not authorized to represent or speak on behalf of the company, or respond to any media inquiries regarding the company, its business, its products or its customers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels of professionals in the organization
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to guide, teach and communicate with others
- Willingness to learn new skills and teach others
- Must be able to attend work as scheduled
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Must be able to perform basic math problems
- Must be able to perform the jobs of his team members
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to interact with others in a professional manner