Commercial Insurance Client Executive - Construction
The Horton Group
JOB TITLE: Client Executive
REPORTS TO: Team Manager
DIVISION: Horton Risk Advisory Services
GENERAL DESCRIPTION – Summary
The Client Executive is responsible for independently providing customized, high level services to large and complex risk advisory prospects and clients. Instrumental in the acquisition of new clients and ultimately accountable for the retention of all assigned accounts, specific responsibilities include risk transfer program design recommendations and consultation; internal coordination of resources; development and execution of service plans; and exposure analysis. Program and service plan progress is measured and shared with client through annual stewardship reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Establish and maintain relationships with assigned prospects and clients and assume the primary responsibility for client service and retention
• Provide risk management services to prospects and clients that meets their needs and budget constraints including an analysis of exposures, gathering required underwriting and rating information and the preparation of a risk transfer strategy which may include combinations of insurance policies, self-insurance, captives, pools and other risk assumption tools
• Present risk management plans to prospects and clients including an explanation of their exposures and risk transfer options, pricing, payment and financing options, market conditions, ancillary Horton services, loss analyses, pro forma indications of loss control benefits and claim settlement processes
• Prepare, deliver, and execute customized service schedules, including risk analysis, total cost of risk analysis, premium and loss analysis, and stewardship reporting at inception, renewal and midterm touchpoints.
• Coordinate all internal and external resources including producer involvement, legal assistance, claims, safety and loss control. Attend client meetings with carrier claims and loss control representatives as applicable or as needed
• Accompany producer on and independently conduct periodic coverage and service reviews with clients and prospects
• Develop strategy and special handling instructions with carrier regarding claims and loss control services based on client needs and expectations
• Initiate and ensure execution of the marketing process including contribution to the marketing strategy, fielding underwriting questions, negotiating premiums and coverages and presenting findings to client
• Participate in the analysis and comparison of quotes/proposals leading to the selection of those best meeting the needs of prospects and clients
• Design and oversee the preparation of comprehensive service proposals and other presentations to clients to ensure the final product is impressive, polished and comprehensive in scope, representing all that is exceptional at Horton
• Meet or exceed all goals, especially those related to customized service schedules, client satisfaction, book growth and retention
• Perform other duties as requested, including exercising discretion and judgment in prioritizing workload
• Encourage and promote open constructive communication along with emphasis on culture and morale, ensuring a cohesive team environment
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required
• Property & Casualty license must be obtained within 120 days of New Hire Onboarding
o ARM Designation desired
• Ability to provide strong leadership and mentoring to other members of team
• Commitment to advancing your insurance knowledge via training and obtaining approved industry designation
• High level of direct, related experience
• Strong speaking and presentation skills
• Flexibility and creativity for developing innovative and customized business solutions
• Must be willing to travel as required
• Ability to promote and/or influence decision making of others
• Must have strong commercial lines technical knowledge, including an understanding of all forms of coverage and risk alternatives
• Extremely organized
• Sense of urgency and works well under pressure
• Analytical-technically oriented
• Strong attention to detail and follow through
• Highly Proficient in MS Office
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management. All employees are expected to behave in a manner consistent with the corporate values of Driven, Excellent and Together.
Fast-paced, multi-tasking environment requiring tolerance for schedule change and disruption with potential for travel.
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
The job description is intended to describe the essential responsibilities The Horton Group requires. Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the essential functions.
• Perform work on a computer for extended periods of time
• Sit/stand for extended periods of time in work area
• Grasp objects using your fingers (fine motor skills)
• Communicate and speak in a clear, concise and professional manner both in person and on the telephone
• Travel by air or ground transportation for up to 6 consecutive hours. Some overnight travel may be required
• Be able to lift and carry objects that weigh a minimum of 40 pounds
Nothing in this job description or in any other written documents or forms maintained by The Horton Group, creates, or may be deemed to create, an employment contract between The Horton Group and any of its employees.
The Horton Group reserves the right to revise the contents of this job description, at any time, without prior notice to its employees.
This job description supersedes any previous oral or written job descriptions.