Ref ID: 31000-9502864844
Compensation: $85000.00 to $130000.00 yearly
Robert Half Direct is seeking a motivated Controller for a growing company with accounting experience in the automotive industry. The Controller will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The Controller will be in a leadership position and will have the responsibility to manage an accounting and clerical department. As the Controller, you will be planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. This company offers a very competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package along with strong career growth. We are seeking an individual for this role who can motivate others by maintaining a positive professional attitude; exhibit integrity, reliability, and leadership; and can provide exceptional client services by managing self and others by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality, and accountability.
- Lead the operations of the accounting department which includes deal processing, title work, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cashiering, and payroll
- Drive and manage the full accounting team’s performance; motivate, cross-train, and delegate responsibilities when necessary
- Hire, train, and supervise the productivity of the accounting team
- Review financial statements and accounting schedules for accuracy, working with the accounting staff to adjust where needed
- Ensure that the accounting records are maintained in an accurate condition at all times
- Perform month-end close, including financial statement review and submission
- 7 + years of automotive dealership experience required
- 2+ years of multi-franchise or high-volume dealership experience as an accounting manager
- Strong working knowledge of the general ledger, schedule reconciliations, and schedule review
- Strong management skills
- Ability to motivate, manage and facilitate the professional development of an accounting team
- Working knowledge of CDK Dealer Software preferred
- Microsoft Office software proficiency
- Experience with Paylocity a plus
- Ability to problem-solve creatively and quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.